Summer Menu May22 - June 30, 2017
Hours 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Breakfast is served.
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 Noon Lunch is served.
**Menus subject to change
EZ School Pay Year-End Reminders
Is Your Snack a Smart Snack?
Take the guesswork out of nutrition guidelines with the new Alliance Product Calculator for Smart Snacks! Simply enter the product information, answer a few questions, and determine whether your beverage, snack, side or entrée item meets the new USDA Smart Snacks in School Guidelines.
This is very important, please take the time to read....Many of you may have wondered in the past, "Why is the school so persistent that I turn in a lunch form for my children?" There are many reasons. Here are a few:
1) If your family qualifies for free or reduced meals- we want you to save that money.
2) We get reimbursements from the state for free and reduced meals that are more than the actual full paid amount(Win-Win for school and families)
3) The school is eligible for additional funds based on the percentage of students that qualify for free and reduced meals. The threshold for these additional funds is 70% eligibility. (If you would like to research this information, it is called National School Lunch Act or NSLA.) For the past few years, we have met that 70% criteria. We are currently below that figure for the 2015-16 school year and need those of you who haven’t to turn in your forms. Failure to meet the 70% will result in a loss of revenue for our District in the neighborhood of $300,000. These funds are used to pay many of our teachers’ salaries and is essential to our ability to continue to do so.
We realize that you probably have concerns and would like to address those here.
1) Who sees my application? Only the cafeteria supervisor.
2) Does the government or IRS see my application? No.
3) Are there any disadvantages to being free or reduced? No.
4) Are there any personal advantages? Yes. Each student that qualifies may take the ACT test once for a free or reduced cost. The counselor determines this eligibility by contacting the cafeteria manager during ACT sign-up to verify status.
If you have not turned in an application or have turned in an incomplete one, please complete them. Also, check with friends, family, and neighbors and ask them to do so as well. Finally, if your job or income status changes, you may turn in an updated form at any time.
Thank you and have a great year!!
Breakfast & Lunch prices are listed below:
Student $1.10 (Reduced $0.30)
K-8 Students $1.65
High School 9 - 12 Student $1.90
Reduced Student Lunch $0.40
- 1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
- 2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
- 3. email: firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:program.intake@usda.
If you need further information, please contact food service director Tina Byrd at 870-446-9292.